Thursday 13 December 2012

5d

So orignally i thought that i could name the tittle of my degree based on what i had enquired on for the rest of my modules and what i have based my professional practice on, which was early years. However i was wrong, which i was shocked and slightly disapointed about. I understand that you cant just call it something that u havent looked into all areas of  but now i sort of feel in limbo..... i have to decide and think of a tittle that is best going to describe my knowledge and be of an advantage for my future career, which many of you can all agree that it is probably one of the hardest and most stressful things to do.

Anyway onwards and up, life doesnt always go the way we expect or want it to so we have to work with what we have got.
With onwards going research in what i want to inquire into, i have though about what i need to do to ensure that i am ethical when conducting the inquiry.
Here i will list how i am going to do this:
  • Ensure that the identity of the children are always kept confidential for obsrvations, pictures etc. (this meets the safeguarding act for children in schools)
  • Ensure that the children are kept unaware that there participating is being observed or behaviour is being followed.
  • Create activites that may be carried out are going to be fun and exciting for the children to ensure the best possible and accurant results.
  • Never to interupt learning or carpet time.
  • To ensure that any activites carried out are short so the children are not missing their free time.
  • To not distrupt the flow of the classroom.
  • I will ensure that the teacher is aware of my inquiry, why i am doing it and what i plan to do.
  • To Plan in advance (week/2 weeks before) so if need be can be added into planning.
  • I will ensure that my inquiry will not distrupt/prevent me from carrying out my job role.
  • I will only gather data based on what the actual outcomes are.
  • When collecting data from other professionals i will ensure that i am not pushing for certain answers, putting presure on them to help me with my inquiry ie lots of questions etc.
  • I will collect data from lots of different individuals, including people i work with in different roles, newspapers, internet.
I feel that these will possibly change when i no exactly what i plan to inquire. I look forward to being able to look back and see how much this could change depending on what root my inquiry takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment