Wednesday 21 November 2012

Task 5a- My Professional Ethics

I will discuss what i think are the ethics (moral philosophy)  in my work place. These are my morals/unwritten rules i work within on a daily basis. I learnt alot of my ethical practice while at chicken shed theatre group. I enabled me to have an open my mind about different people, how they behave, abilities of the people we work with, the ability of the children, how to suit children's needs etc. I have also learnt alot from my working experiences. Not just in a school environment but from a retail perspective which allowed me to transfer my skills, learn new skills and a more relaxed environment when i have worked running play schemes. All of these experiences have shaped the person i am. my beliefs and values.

Below i have identified some of the ethics/morals i practice:

Working with yourself and other professionals
  • treat colleagues how you would like to be treated.
  • speak to colleagues with respect.
  • communicate clearly, share knowledge and information with colleagues.
  • Involve colleagues in planning.
  • Share responsibilities.
  • Work as a team. (within the classroom and within the wider school community)
  • Recognise team members differences and needs.
  • Support colleagues in decisions/decision making.
  • Together create a safe but simulating environment for the children and adults.
  • Ensuring every ones health and safety at all times.
  • Being aware of the need for safe working practices. Which would include safe guarding awareness.
  • keep your knowledge up to date.
  • provide a child centred environment.
  • be a role model.
  • ensure that children lasting memory of you is a positive one.
  • build strong healthy relationships with the children you work with.
Working with children
  • treat all children according to their needs.
  • Do not discriminate children against their age, sex, culture, ability, religion.
  • Speak to children according to their age group and stage of development.
  • Insure children have access to all the activities and equipment.
  • Adapt your practise to meet the child's needs (this includes equipment, communication, resources)
  • treat all children with respect..
  • Protect all children from harm (safeguarding, health and safety regulations, every child matters)
  • Treat SEN children according to their needs but do not restrict their right to be themselves or equal to others.
  • support children to grow and develop.
Working with schools ( this is how i feel schools should be working)

  • Having a mission statement.
  • keeping up to date with legislation.
  • Provide training for all staff to keep them up to date.
  • communicate with staff and parents.
  • provide staff and parent support.
  • Provide parents with up to date user friendly information of what their child is learning.
  • Work in partnership with other schools.#
  • Be a place where parents feel comfortable.
Above i have discussed my ethnics/morals of how i work professionally on a day to day basis. These are morals that are embedded in me and continue to enhance at each step in my working career. I feel that if everyone were to work to this standard, our schools would be a much happier, well rounded, enjoyable environment to work in. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment